Sunday 12 March 2017

Buruku Killings: If Nobody is Arrested, The Government Should Be Held Responsible


Recall that recently, another round of manslaughter took place in the Buruku area of Benue State. This evil has lingered for too long, and each time it happens, it's catastrophic. The sad news however is that, so far, there has been no arrest made, neither prosecution.

By Victor Attah
My attention have been drawn to the fact that Benue people especially the Agatu and Buruku people have been under serious attacks leading to killings and destructions of properties and farms and that since this attacks we are yet hear of any reasonable arrest made in regards to persons involved in this crime against humanity.

We are not unaware of the state government efforts to restore peace to the zone, on the contrary they have not been positive results from this efforts.

It is how ever sardonic that our state men and elites are playing politics with this issue which is at the detriment of our good people. To what benefits is this to them? We need to know. We are tired of the said paper peace in Benue state that only exist on the pages of dailies, enough is enough the government should step up her efforts in ensuring peace in the state and those connected to this killings should be brought to book.

I will like to state it clear that one of the first responsibility of the government is ensure first, security of lives and property; it's the right of the people, any government that is unable to guarantee this is not worthy to stay.

As a matter of fact the people voted in the governor as the father of the state and the chief security officer of the state by implications of this, he owes the people the duty to protect them first before he can think of himself.


Facts be told, I'm not from Buruku but I'm from Benue, I'm human, I share the pains of my people, I m effected, Nigerians are effected. Let's unite not minding our party or ethnic affiliation, we are one. If the government can not protect her people, let the government be held responsible. I'm not careful about this. Let them arrest me I do not care. My PVC is my voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jide Ogunsanya.